MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i'm just preparing this fantastic MyBB in my server.
I created about 100 users groups, and about 100 forum inside.
Each usergroup cad access corresponding forum.
But, just now the speed to connect to forum decrease a lot, what can i do?
Everithing with the server is ok.
Tks
ejrr
100 user groups and 100 forums is a lot. Especially if you are just starting out a board, there is no need to create more than 5-10 forums. So many forums will confuse the users (they won't know where to post) and make MyBB considerably slower.

100 user groups is also far too much for a forum that is just starting out. MyBB has to retrieve all the user groups when you load pages and that costs a lot of time. Your best bet is to decrease the number of user groups and the number of forums seriously: it will be easier for your users and your board will run faster.
Kilroy is right 100 forums are way too much for the server and the myBB software.
Thanks a lot.
My idea was each group view each forum, i think i will search for another solution for that and mantain the forum as now.

Who have one ideia what can i do to solve this ?

Million tks
eduardo ribeiro
I created 100 forums and 100 user groups with MyBB on my local test server and page load/response times were:
Quote:Generated in 0.0959690 seconds (92.46% PHP / 7.54% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 10 / Parsing 0.0011961 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0485981

This machien is a 2.7ghz P4 with 512mb RAM. What are the specs of the server you are on? I'm assuming seeing you anticipate forums this large it would be dedicated?