MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some posts not displaying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think there's some kind of bug in displaying the posts in the threads.
The link provided here displays a post without a message, only with a signature. Now the weird part is that I can find the message in the database, but for some reason it's not displaying. Is this a bug?

I'm using the latest version (1.4.6).
When you edit the message, does the content appear?
Yes, when I edit the message it appears and when I saved it, the message is there. I think it has to do with special characters. First the "é" was saved as "é" in the database, but now it's "é".
What's your database/table encoding??
Default encoding, latin1_swedish_ci. I had problems with it before (special characters not displaying properly).
Backup your files and database, and install it on your localhost (if you have one - if not, install it in a seperate directory - and change the board URLs etc.).

Then, convert the tables to UTF by going to ACP => Tools & Maintenance => UTF-8 Conversion (tab)

See if this brings it up. I know some people have had to do this on occasions...
I converted the tables to UTF-8 and it seems the problem is gone now. Thanks. Smile