MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MIA - Index has just vanished!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can you do a test for me, mossiette? Head to the downloads page, download 1.4.6, and install it somewhere on your server.

Can you access the index of this test?
(2009-05-28, 01:45 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do a test for me, mossiette? Head to the downloads page, download 1.4.6, and install it somewhere on your server.

Can you access the index of this test?

Hi Tomm,

Sorry for the late reply, had a few things to do! Ok well ive downloaded and uploaded the new forum 1.4.6 to my server - created a new dir for it and put it all in... when i go to index.php it just says i have to install and configure, do u want me to do all that? :s
Yeah, he wants you to install a test forum to see whether it's your usual forum that has a problem or a server issue; a server issue would affect both, and if your test forum is OK, we'll know it's a problem with just the usual forum.

Make sure you don't install over your other forum though!! Specify a different table prefix on the installation screen.
(2009-05-28, 03:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, he wants you to install a test forum to see whether it's your usual forum that has a problem or a server issue; a server issue would affect both, and if your test forum is OK, we'll know it's a problem with just the usual forum.

Make sure you don't install over your other forum though!! Specify a different table prefix on the installation screen.

Ok, well while i was waiting for a reply i was snooping around the AdminCP of the original forum we were talkin about earlier, and well i went to go to general settings and i got this!! I tried numerous times to reload and even on different browsers and i get the same thing! Took a snapshot of it: Im missing stuff here arent i! Undecided

[Image: forumpagegone.jpg]
Hi Guys,

I have installed the new forum and I can see the index page no problem, so I guess that eliminates my server :s what now?!
I wonder if your host has recently upgraded their mysql. This could be the cause if they did so.

If you want me to fix this PM me your admincp, ftp, and also phpmyadmin access. Yes I will need all 3 to fix that.
(2009-05-28, 05:09 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if your host has recently upgraded their mysql. This could be the cause if they did so.

If you want me to fix this PM me your admincp, ftp, and also phpmyadmin access. Yes I will need all 3 to fix that.

Hi Labrocca,

I have installed the latest version of the forum and tested it as previously asked and chose the same sql version as I did on the previous installation and it worked fine for me with no errors - if they did upgrade the sql wouldnt the error still be with the version i just installed for testing aswell? Huh But alas this isnt the case - its a puzzler, i think im going to have to end up starting afresh but id really like to get to the bottom of this error so it doesnt happen again Undecided
Hey again,

Just thought id let you know that i solved the problem about the vanishing forum! Rolleyes

I decided to start afresh and perhaps incorporate some of the new files with my old and whilst it was uploading to my server i kept an eye on the transfer queue, after a quick refresh of my forum off and on - it displayed, then disappeared just as quick - it turns out it was something in my language folder!! I have NO IDEA how that got in there but it was a needle in a haystack really and just by luck i found this out. So to any of you out there who may have had a problem like this, this just might be ur solution also. Cool

[Image: solved.jpg]

Evil file = "13487.php" - I simply deleted and my forum is as good as it was before this appeared! Shy

Many thanks to everyone who helped and offered suggestions.

Mossiette. Rolleyes
(2009-06-02, 02:15 PM)mossiette Wrote: [ -> ]Hey again,

Just thought id let you know that i solved the problem about the vanishing forum! Rolleyes

I decided to start afresh and perhaps incorporate some of the new files with my old and whilst it was uploading to my server i kept an eye on the transfer queue, after a quick refresh of my forum off and on - it displayed, then disappeared just as quick - it turns out it was something in my language folder!! I have NO IDEA how that got in there but it was a needle in a haystack really and just by luck i found this out. So to any of you out there who may have had a problem like this, this just might be ur solution also. Cool

[Image: solved.jpg]

Evil file = "13487.php" - I simply deleted and my forum is as good as it was before this appeared! Shy

Many thanks to everyone who helped and offered suggestions.

Mossiette. Rolleyes
You may also want to check for some .htaccess files that might have been placed in your forums. If this problem is what I think it is, check any folder that is writable for a random numbered .php file and a .htaccess file.
You were hacked.
hacked... i did think of this but to be honest i didnt give it much creedence as the forum was just sitting there, like zero members etc...

i'll double check everything ty nickman - are there are particular settings i should put on files so as to prevent unauthorised access?
hey guys,

ive found a few more of those random numbered php files but there are 2 i just cannot delete from my server, any ideas?

Update: Ok there are 2 theme folders left on my server that are not mine, im unable to delete them no matter what chmod settings i put on the folder! Have any you experienced this craziness before?

Solution: OK panic over, ive deleted those folders and unwanted files out with a nifty php fix Wink If anyone wants a hand deleting theirs feel free to drop me a line. Thanks for all your help.

Mossiette.
Pages: 1 2