MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So, what anti virus do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I use Avira FREE-edition. Why? I've been using it over a year, I didn't see any 90 day trials.

Virus scanners ain't reliable anymore. If I scan my system after a fresh install it doesn't find anything, once I installed all software, it finds 3 malwares and 7 spywares.

Since spyware and malware usually have names closely to windows and program files, the virus scanner can't detect the difference really.

So wether you use a paid version from Norton or Mcafee

Or a free version like Avira or AVG.

Use your operating system wisely, and you don't even need a virus scanner. That's the best advice I can give.
Currently bit defender. However probably switching after my license ends. And, head back to NOD32 as Bit Defender doesn't always load correctly when windows boots for me.
AVG free edition is my favorite one. I have been using it for over a year and a half now. Not a single virus or threat. Best of all "No expiry". Toungue
I used AVG for many years but after having some problems with it I changed to Avast about 3 years ago and have been very satisfied, no viruses since then.
I don't really use an anti-virus, using Linux.
How eve when I used Windows, I used AVGfree. Toungue
I use AVG Free Edition.
NOD32 is probably the best I've used - we use it at work to protect the network.

At home, I've got a 3 year subscription to Norton/Symantec. Funnily enough, I seem to trust the people who spend the most money researching viruses...!
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Big Grin
On my main computer i use Bit Defender, on my Asus eee i use AVG. I used trend micro for a while but it let some nasty stuff in unfortunatley :s really bad adware it was.
Linux ftw! But i do use windows and then i trust and only trust Kaspersky labs products. That and F-secure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4