MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Asking for additional field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to the world of web forums and have just Installed MyBB 1.4.6. The installation ran smoothly and the forum is up and running here.

This forum is intended for my students at the University, to communicate between themselves and with the teachers. To do this, I want to limit the registration to actual or past students.

I had no problem in setting the "Activation" to manual mode (the number of potential users is limited), but I need some additional data to verify that the user is in fact one of my students.

To do this, I need to ask for two or more additional data (number of the University ID, matters he attends to...).

Is there an option in the admin control panel to set up this "extended" registration form?

If not, how do I need to modify member.php and the database to include the new fields, so that they appear below the password and e-mail and their confirmations in the registration form?

Thanks in advance.
Admin Panel > Configuration > (On the left hand side bar) Custom profile fields!

Big Grin
Yep, Hapatio's right, but make sure that when you make it you make it a required field; then it will show on the registration page.
Thanks!
Dear,

I have similar request.. but have a problem.

If Add New Profile Field and select yes for Hide on profile? only admin/moderators view this.

Now, I need add one field and view all user/admin/mod only hide for guest (not registred user), is possible this?

Very thanks
I have a feeling that will need some sort of code modification or plugin if you only want to hide it from guests.
Mmm..

I thought it was a simple modification Sad

Ok, I go to Plugins & Code Modifications / Requests

Very thanks for all Wink