MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hate the template editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hate the template editor the the admin CP!!

I was making changes to one of the template files I then clicked save and it saved a blank page??? Even all the original code was gone.

Aslo why is in not like a normal text window? It always seems to try and guess what you want Sad
It's codepress; if you don't like it, you can turn it off at ACP > Home Preferences, then it's just plain text. It erases all the code if your browser doesn't like the codepress.
Ah right,

Now I was editing the main index template is there anyway of just populating that one empty file or will i have to re-install the whole theme? Sad
You can just revert the template to default.
Thank you alive again Big Grin
(2009-05-30, 10:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's codepress; if you don't like it, you can turn it off at ACP > Home Preferences, then it's just plain text. It erases all the code if your browser doesn't like the codepress.
THANK YOU!!!

That Codepress thing sucks. When I would copy/paste the code into a good text editor, it wouldn't keep the line breaks and all that. I also had to authorize clipboard access when I would paste back in, and instead of actually pasting after that, i would enter the letter v. Really annoying, I'm glad you can turn it off! MyBB rocks.