MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble installing mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah im trying to sort of test drive mybb using my webhost on 000webhost.com

I know my database username and password cause i've done it before with phpbb but i dont understand what "Database Server Hostname" is or where i could find that
if none is specified; use localhost
(2009-05-31, 12:40 AM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]if none is specified; use localhost

Heres all the details of the database.

When i tried entering with the default localhost or mysql9.000webhost.com i still get an error.

$mysql_host = "mysql9.000webhost.com";
$mysql_database = "a5087713_test";
$mysql_user = "a5087713_test1";
$mysql_password = "xxxxxx";
Check with your host what the correct info to use is.
(2009-05-31, 08:17 AM)MHryano Wrote: [ -> ]Check with your host what the correct info to use is.

Wow im gonna kick myself well the server host name or whatever when i copied and paste it had an extra space at the end thats why it wasnt working. But now im getting an error saying this.

/home/a5087713/public_html/forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist
Double check to see if the file is on the server.
(2009-06-02, 01:35 AM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Double check to see if the file is on the server.

I checked the file is there. i changed the cmhd of the language folder to 666 now im getting this error.

Language english (/home/a5087713/public_html/forum/inc/languages/english) is not installed
It's probably saying that because you've CHMOD'd the language folder to 666... Undecided SHould be 755. The language files should be 644, or 666 if you want to edit them via the ACP.
The language folders should be CHMOD'ed to 755, not 666. That's why they are not working.

Edit: Beaten! Toungue
(2009-06-02, 09:25 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]The language folders should be CHMOD'ed to 755, not 666. That's why they are not working.

Edit: Beaten! Toungue

crap man this free hosting is a pain in the beep. Gonna pay for hosting soon anyways mybb looks promising Smile. Any paid host allows mod rewrite so i can make mybb seo friendly.