MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help with site on lan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here is my problam I have a webserver IIS 7.5 i was running on a computer that had the dmz on so it was open to the internet with a public ip address and www.howman.ca worked all fine now i take dmz off and open ports 80 and 21 you can view my site on the internt wan but i can not go http://www.howman.ca to get to my site if i use private ip everything looks broking like it would if cookies where set wrong doman was .howman.ca but i changed to . and it still dose not work
Can any one help me?
It's because you are using the full URL for your images, not relative ones. Not sure how you managed to do that though, so can't tell you how to do anything about it, although checking any image path settings in the AdminCP would be a good place to start.

Oh, and it's not cookies, they only affect logging in, not what is shown on the screen.
I do not see any setting for image path
what can i do to the bord url settings i found out if i change the url settings from http://www.howman.ca to http://Howard-PC that is works on the lan side but not the wan side can i some how have both
Ah, I see it now. For some reason all the templates are coded to use the full URL for images, not the relative path. Thats gonna be a pain to change as its probably going to mean changing every single template, unless someone knows of another way of doing it. I'm gonna need the answer for this myself too, as I need to use relative paths myself. Even all the links are set to use the full URL, which is not good when you use multiple domains for your forum.

Ok, it's probably not the right way of doing it, so don't shoot me if there is a better way, but try leaving the board url setting blank. You'll either have it working, or it will kill your style in which case but your real URL back in. I've just been experimenting, and by playing with the board URL I have managed to get my images and links to use relative paths. It does kill the forum URL for the 'View Forum' link in the admincp though.
i will try that first but i think i am going to have to turn on dmz again and never mind other computers not being able to share files and printers with the host computer of the website

(2009-05-31, 12:16 PM)MHryano Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see it now. For some reason all the templates are coded to use the full URL for images, not the relative path. Thats gonna be a pain to change as its probably going to mean changing every single template, unless someone knows of another way of doing it. I'm gonna need the answer for this myself too, as I need to use relative paths myself. Even all the links are set to use the full URL, which is not good when you use multiple domains for your forum.

Ok, it's probably not the right way of doing it, so don't shoot me if there is a better way, but try leaving the board url setting blank. You'll either have it working, or it will kill your style in which case but your real URL back in. I've just been experimenting, and by playing with the board URL I have managed to get my images and links to use relative paths. It does kill the forum URL for the 'View Forum' link in the admincp though.