MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make more features "disableable"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Some features, like reputation or the calendar, can be disabled in one click from the ACP. Some others, like avatar upload, attachments or thread rating (and maybe signatures?)cannot be disabled globally: to disable them, you need to disable them for every user group or for every forum.
It would be very nice (and not really hard to implement I think) to have a checkbox to enable/disable each of these features for the whole board at once in the ACP. This toggle would need to preserve individual settings (eg if group A has avatar upload and group B has not, I can disable them globally and when I reactive them group B still wouldn't have them).

Thanks
totally agree...

they must be disabled Globally too and not only 'per forum' or 'per usergroup'
Maybe a few more toggles, but I don't want absolutely everything toggle-able.
(2009-05-31, 03:55 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a few more toggles, but I don't want absolutely everything toggle-able.
Surely not everything, but still more things than now. PMs are disableable, while they are far more "standard" for a BBS than thread rating. I don't think the list is much larger than what I posted indeed: just what can be disabled on a per group or per category/forum basis should have a global toggling button as well.
Thread rating is one of those i would not even notice if it was removed from the core. Thus a option to totally disable that would be great. I would rather see user nics ( thread starters ) get that column rather then be with the thread subject column anyways.
One more: make themes disableable. It's really a lame that you need to delete a theme to make it globally unavailable... doing so make you lose your modifications, etc. I installed MyBB for the first time yesterday, and what really strikes me compared to any other BBS I've tried before (phpBB, Pun, Flux, *cough* Invision *cough* Big Grin) is the lack of global toggle culture. Is there any kind of programming design reason that prevented the implementation of global toggles? I mean, all needed toggles do exist on a lower level, only the global level is missing. Huh
You know you can edit a theme and make it available only to certain usergroups right? So if you want a theme disabled, just edit it and make it only available to Admins.
Yes, that's what I ended up doing, but that still not a "clean" global toggle, it's per group again (although it's fast), and admins still have access to the "disabled" theme.
(2009-06-01, 07:28 AM)patheticcockroach Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's what I ended up doing, but that still not a "clean" global toggle, it's per group again (although it's fast), and admins still have access to the "disabled" theme.

Why does it matter if your admins can see it?
(2009-06-01, 08:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Why does it matter if your admins can see it?
It's just... not clean. Plus it would be so simple to add "None" as an option to the existing "Allowed User Groups" list. It feels as if the feature hadn't been implemented just in order to annoy us... Confused
Yet it would still be not as good as a global toggle. Imagine you have 50 user groups with 30 of them allowed to use the skin. And you want to take it out for a few minutes to do some maintenance or testing on it. Wouldn't it be cool to have a button to toggle the skin for all 30 groups? (which means when you're done, you only need to turn the skin on again, not to reassign it to all the 30 groups)

PS: Sorry for not replying earlier, for some reason I didn't get the notification Sad
Pages: 1 2