MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White screen after db details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm trying to install MyBB on our university server but when I enter the DB details: -

MySQL
localhost
mybb_

it just goes to a blank white screen. I've tried reuploading /install/index.php and /inc/settings.php and it hasn't worked.

The server runs Debian and PHP4. Please PM me for the install URL.

Thanks loads (we're trying to escape our old phpBB forum!).
Hi,
I would recommend you first please remove the URL to your install file. This could potentially result in a security vulnerablity via Mysql.
Done. Thanks!

Any ideas on what could be causing the error?
Please also remove your database details, as this could be potentially harmful as well.

Could you try chmod'ing the the install folder and install files to 775? Also, please let me know what the current chmod is on the file "/inc/config.php.
Currently config is set to 777.

Changed all the install files to 775 and it still doesn't appear to be working. Thanks loads for your help, though!
Copy the following code as a php file in your forum's root directory:
<?php
if(function_exists("mysql_connect"))
{
die("MySQL functions exist");
}
else
{
die("MySQL functions do not exist");
}
?>

Let me know what it tells you after running the script in your browser. The above is a little code that I saved from a previous thread (I think its from Chris, if I remember correctly).
This is the same problem I am having. I copied that code and created a php page and when I access it I get: MySQL functions do not exist.

I am fairly new to MySQL and PHP can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Matt
Here you can find further information: http://php3.de/manual/en/ref.mysql.php
My problem is after installation. Everything is going well during the installation. From my computer that I use to install myBB, I can access my forum just fine. But when pople try to access my forum from other computers, they find white screen. http://benhp.cafe150.com

Why is that?
Ben, I was able to get right to it. You must have fixed it?
Pages: 1 2