MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first outing doing a forum based website ( ok i have only done 3 sites)
im still snooping around the files and making changes everyday the stock gif's for member list and such are going soon. I appreciate any comments thanks

Site Link
I really like the logo, but one thing I seriously hate is splash pages, especially flash ones where you can't even skip it. You should add a skip link under the flash object on your splash page if you really want the splash page because some people won't wait for the flash to finish and other people, including search engine spiders, have flash disabled and so would never be able to access your site.

Other than that, it looks good, just needs some content now Smile
Thanks Big Grin, alot of it is closed off to guests, The board owners wanted an intro page but i will add the skip intro link didn't think about those who have flash disabled. Not worried about search engine bots right now. Most of the members come from existing member referrals
Forum is good, But the URL is quite something immemorable ...!
Isn't it ??
Not if your a travesty fan I suppose... its only changing vowels for numbers. I think this is pretty impressive since you are new to MyBB, and the flash intro is amazing; you could possibly add a skip link, but then members can add a bookmark to skip it completely if they dont like it Wink

If this is your first, stick with it. Good luck Smile
(2009-06-02, 05:45 PM)G405T Wrote: [ -> ]Not if your a travesty fan I suppose... its only changing vowels for numbers. I think this is pretty impressive since you are new to MyBB, and the flash intro is amazing; you could possibly add a skip link, but then members can add a bookmark to skip it completely if they dont like it Wink

If this is your first, stick with it. Good luck Smile
thanks it is my first forum site and the name was adopted by the owners no connection other then an old inside joke and im going to add the skip intro link as i was informed that some may have flash disabled and wont be able to enter site
For your first time it's really nice! It's something different wich I really like Smile.
I don't like the introductory Flash. My suggestion is to take it off and give the visitors what they want quick or they'll simply shut the browser window and try something else.
(2009-06-07, 01:36 AM)ichsie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the introductory Flash. My suggestion is to take it off and give the visitors what they want quick or they'll simply shut the browser window and try something else.

Thank you for your feedback, as the site is not for general public use. those that are sent to site will proceed throw flash though i do have to add a skip intro link, most new members will come from their individual platforms online community's like xbox live. etc etc
Don't like the splash page or forum theme. BUT....?