MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost my Forum!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to install the latest version of MyBB. I have the zip file (MyBB-1406) on my pc and I tried to upload it through the Unlimited MB file manager CP. It added the files but I then had two Documents and Upload directories. Don't ask me how, but I ended up deleting the lot.

I have MyBB backups on my PC, but when I tried to upload the zipped backup, it won't let me select the subfolders without the main folder ... I've fiddled with it for hours, but frankly I'm a long way out of my depth.

Is it possible to restore my forum from your end? If so, could you please rescue me. Also, can you point me to guidance on how to upgrade my forum version without this happening again?

As you will have guessed, I have only basic web knowledge. Any help you can throw this way will make me pathetically grateful.

Jacqui
NRIOPixie

http://nrioforum.ulmb.com/forum/index.php
If you've just deleted the files, the database should be fine, so just upload the files again... you'll lose plugins and themes that you've uploaded... you'll also need to remake your config.php with this code: [wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]
Thanks Matt. I think part of the problem is that the UnlimitedMB control panel is a bit of a blunt instrument when it comes to file management. My original installation all happened automatically, so I haven't any experience with editing files etc. Am I going to need to do this through an FTP program? Or I could just shoot myself now and save myself the trouble. It's a tough call. Smile

Jacqui
Yeah you'll need FTP, it's just a case of uploading the files, and then editing config.php, you should be OK Smile
Thanks Matt. Deep breath ....