MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uninstall a plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have uninstalled a couple of plugins and deleted the from the plugin/inc folder but they are still showing up in the settings, how can i get rid of those plugin link i uninstalled and deleted.

Thanks in advance

Kelvin
Some plugins have other files that need to be deleted. Unfortunately, I think you'll need to look at the original download of the plugin and delete the files it says to upload.
Go to configuration in the admin cp, and there should be a tab that says "Modify Settings", there you can delete the settings from the plugins that you deleted.
[attachment=14050]
I misunderstood his post. Toungue You don't have to delete any files; the leftover settings are a side affect of terrible plugin authoring. Big Grin
@Steven,

I was going to say, shouldn't removing the settings be part of the uninstall method?
(2009-06-01, 05:34 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I misunderstood his post. Toungue You don't have to delete any files; the leftover settings are a side affect of terrible plugin authoring. Big Grin

Thanks Steven & Abu, I think i came to that conclusion as well and i will try what Splappy has said.

Thank you all for your help

Kelvin
(2009-06-01, 06:33 AM)Abu Sabah Wrote: [ -> ]@Steven,

I was going to say, shouldn't removing the settings be part of the uninstall method?

i went to the modify settings they did delete but it left the header, if i could get rid of those mabe they will didapear from the setting list, and yes i made sure i did delete those in the inc/plugins and i checked all the folders.

Thanks again
Out of curiosity which plug-ins are giving you trouble.
(2009-06-01, 02:13 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity which plug-ins are giving you trouble.

Latest Attachment Gallery Settings
Announcements with Marquee Settings
Usermap
Board Message

Only one worked and that was the gallery but my members asked me to take it off because they didn't think it went well on a book forum.