MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install two forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I was wondering if it was possible to install two separate forum softwares on one database, so that they can share the users, posts, and forums. I need to "join" MyBB 1.4.5 and Invision Power Board 3.0.0 RC1

Thanks,
sk8er
To answer your question on the two forums in one database, it is very possible to do so. During installation you will see a box called "prefix." Generally it will be the forum software's name followed by an underscore. Just make sure the two forums are installed with different prefixes.

As for joining the two packages, I do not have the knowledge to do so. Smile
(2009-06-01, 03:30 AM)sk8er Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I was wondering if it was possible to install two separate forum softwares on one database, so that they can share the users, posts, and forums. I need to "join" MyBB 1.4.5 and Invision Power Board 3.0.0 RC1

Thanks,
sk8er

As was mentioned, make sure the prefixes are different for both.
As for joining two forums, MyBB has a Merge system in place. I believe there is a plugin available also. Just search the forums.

Good luck.
But isn't the merge system only to merge two MyBB boards?
The merge system is for converting something else to MyBB, like IPB to MyBB or vB to MyBB etc
(2009-06-01, 06:11 AM)sk8er Wrote: [ -> ]But isn't the merge system only to merge two MyBB boards?

No, if you look at the Merge System download page you'll see it's for many different forums...
(2009-06-01, 03:30 AM)sk8er Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Thanks,
sk8er

Do you mean users and posts in MyBB 1.4.5 will show up in Invision Power Board 3.0.0 RC1?

That would be quite different that using one database with different prefixes for each forum. For example Table: mybb_users in MyBB would have a different structure (and MySQL query in software) than what is used in Invision Power Board so you could not share users on the 2 different forums.
Oh. Well, that's a bummer. Thanks anyways, guys.