MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: shoutbox disabled after adding theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

my shoutbox in my site got disabled today when i put new blackandgrey final theme as default.

how can i enable it again so that all registered users can see shoutbox.?

thank you
What shoutbox are you using? I need to know that before telling you.
It hasn't been disabled; the variable that is added to the templates to make it show in your other themes just isn't in the templates of the new theme. Find the variable for the shoutbox in the theme where it does show, and put it into the same place in the template for the new theme.

Also moved to the correct forum...
Probably because the theme altered the templates and whatever was added by the shoutbox was removed. Hence you don't see the shoutbox anymore. I assume that is what you mean when you say the shoutbox was disabled.

Does it show as deactivated in the plug in section of the admin cp? If it is still active there then I would assume it is an issue in the templates and whatever changes were made with the installation of the shoutbox was lost. You could deactivate and reactivate the shoutbox again and it probably will show back up again. I always recommend backing up the database before making changes because then you are able to go back to it if something goes wrong.
thank you i put <sf_shoutbox> in index page of that theme and it showed on main page.

i used SpiceFuse Shoutbox

yes it shows activated in plugins.

but when i shout in shoutbox,my shout doesnt appears in shoutbox.

just it displays this text at left like loading...

how to solve it?
anybody please help me that i cant see my shout in shoutbox
hello

i deactivated plugin now and again activated it.

and now it is working good.

thank you guys.
wasnt only the "<sf_shoutbox>", there are some, (i think 2 lines of code) in the headerinclude template for the ajax refresh. cant say for shure what contains in the line since i use the shoutbox by pirata
i used spicefuse shoutbox.it dosent have auto refreshes but i think ajax has auto fresh feature.

how can i add auto refresh feature in spicefuse shoutbox?
Spicefuse shoutbox, is an ajax shoutbox, so there should be auto refresh.
its added to the template by default after a fresh install,...only when you install a new theme a few things are missing in the headerinclude template
eg.
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/somejavafileoftheshoutbox.js"></script>