MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how do you install one? Like its the front page then there is a link you can click on to take you to the forums. How do you do this?
You can make the Portal the homepage. It's named portal.php and should be in the root of your forum (ex. domain.com/forum/portal.php). Simply rename it "index.php" and rename the actual index "forum.php" or something like that. Then change the toplinks so that people can get to the actual forum.

The portal contains a lot of good aspects. You can log in on it, see the recent threads and posts, and more. See an example here.
Ok Kewl that works great and all but is there any way i can edit it? Like make it so it only shows posts from certain places and stuff like that
Well, first follow these instructions for telling you EXACTLY what to do to rename them.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-1268.html

Then go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > {TEMPLATE_NAME} > Portal Templates

This is where you can change the raw HTML of the portal. If you don't want to mess with it or don't know how, I'm sure that there are a few plugins/tutorials about the Portal. All you need to do is search.