MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problems with vps whm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I have vps hosting, with whm, and starting yesterday I am unable to log into whm.

When I type in the port to access it, I get

Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 208.89.208.146:2086.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites?  Check the computer's network connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

So checking my network connections everything seems fine. When I try to use /whm instead of the port I get this error
Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Any ideas?
I think you should contact your host.
(2009-06-02, 03:08 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should contact your host.

Exactly what I was going to say Toungue. I mean why ask here as either you messed something up or they did. It could also be on your end though. Like I'm unable to access DA at school as they block the port I have set up to access it.
Yes, definitely contact your host. Something is not set right on the main node.
I had been contacting them way to much to begin with. I switched from reseller to vps so there is a whole lot more. I thought someone might know something more about it. It's straightened out now though. I did something crazy stupid not knowing what it was. Toungue
You must have done something wrong with root access. Maybe incorrectly modified iptables? Use a under-privileged user for daily routine tasks instead of root.
nah that wasn't it. It was a rather stupid mistake on my part, but it's all fixed now. Undecided