MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the images used for star ratings-???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seriously, how do you do it?

I look for the source images thinking I'll have to replace some and get this:
[Image: star_rating.gif]

WTF.

Basically, on my forum, we've been replacing the star images with Pentagrams, and we were hoping to do that with the stars too. But looking at that, I have the feeling that replacing the image will not really be useful... What do I have to do?
ACP -> Users and Groups -> Groups -> Select Group -> User Stars

Just change the image path to wherever the pentagrams are.
Wouldn't that only do it for the group ratings, though? What I want to change is the stars used for thread ratings in Forumdisplay.
Sorry, I thought you meant Group Stars. I don't have time to find out how right now, but if someone else doesn't help you out mwhen I have time, I'll try find out how for you.
I hope he won't mind me saying this but it may be worth PM'ing Bey Brad; he's changed the star rating images on his forum so he would be able to tell you exactly what to do. I've never figured it out either Toungue
I just took a quick look and I couldn't find out how either. As Matt said, PM'ing Bey Brad is your best bet.
Mmm, I've just never figured out how it uses the top one for no rating, middle one to show rating and bottom one for hovering... maybe Brad could post the answer here?? Angel
I pm'd him.
It's actually quite easy. You just need to replace part of the image depending on what it is the user is doing. You can use any editor to do this, even Paint will work.

Grey is the inactive colour - when there is no rating (and it makes up the missing stars in a rating)
Blue is the "hover over" colour (when you hover your mouse over the rating column)
Yellow is the standard colour (when there is a rating to show)
So basically, edit that image so that the stars are replaced by what I want, in pixel-exact size?

The wonders of MyBB never cease to astound me. Wouldn't it have just been easier to take three pix?
Pages: 1 2 3