MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: E-mails aren't sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I've got a huge problem. MyBB runs on PHP-mailing and my hoster set the limit of outgoing e-mails to 20. In my opinion, this is absurd. They haven't notified me either.

The problem is that the forum has 1500 registered members. The regulars use subscribed threads e-mail notifications, PM e-mail notifications. Also new members do not get an activation e-mail. And members who lost their password don't receive any e-mail either.

Is there any way I can change this? Change the way e-mail is sent? Do I have to change my hoster?

I just can't understand that such a big hoster changes something without notification and so abruptly which is pretty much a big deal for a forum like mine.

Is there anything I could do instead of changing host?

Cheers,
-MV
Are you able to request from your hoster to increase your mail limit. 20 seems pretty low. I had to do that once to get them to increase my mail limit. I am not sure if there is a way around since they are only allowing you to send 20 emails per day.
(2009-06-02, 08:25 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you able to request from your hoster to increase your mail limit. 20 seems pretty low. I had to do that once to get them to increase my mail limit. I am not sure if there is a way around since they are only allowing you to send 20 emails per day.

They won't change it for me.

He suggested though, that I'd sent it trough a 'centralized mail' on the hosted space. Then the forum would be running fine with outgoing e-mails.

I'm not sure if centralized mail means SMTP-mail...
Well you're going to have to ask them what this "centralized mail" is and how to set it up. We are just as clueless as you are about the phrase "centralized email" :p
(2009-06-03, 03:36 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Well you're going to have to ask them what this "centralized mail" is and how to set it up. We are just as clueless as you are about the phrase "centralized email" :p

Well, if you could tell me what SMTP means/consists of, I can head there. That guy said I had to contact the software distributors: that's what I'm doing now.

He meant centralized mail in a way that outgoing mail is collected to one address, and from there send out to the corresponding e-mail.

So the forum only sends out e-mail to one e-mail account (eg [email protected]), and from there it is redirected. That means it always stays within the 20 max limit per day, as the forum only sends to 1 e-mail address.

I think I can set this up with SMTP from what I've got together about SMTP on MyBB, but I'm not sure if this is correct and/or how to set it up.

Any help?

Cheers,
-MV