MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforum links not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I created 3 rooms inside a room that I'll call "mother-room". This mother-room is located on the homepage. I noticed that under the description, there are just 2 subforums linked out of 3.

See that here: http://www.espam.co.nr/
You should check if the $l['more_subforums'] language string is set in your language pack. After the second subforum, in the English language pack it says "and x more". It says nothing in your language pack, so I think $l['more_subforums'] might not be defined. Search for $l['more_subforums'] in the inc/languages/[language]/global.lang.php file. If it is not there, add it.
Thank you.

In fact, that is not present. But how do I use that code?

I inserted it at the end of the global.lang.php and put it this way:

$l['more_subforums'] = 'TRANSLATION_HERE';

is it right?

EDIT: is there a way to make all the subforums' links viewable, rather than the text "and x more"?
Quote:EDIT: is there a way to make all the subforums' links viewable, rather than the text "and x more"?
You could change the number in the settings to something like 100, and I doubt you'd have 100 sub forums within that single forum.
Thank you, but still I don't have any clue about how to use all this. Can you make an example with it? Thank you Smile
Log into your Administration Panel. Go into your Board Settings -> Change, find and open 'Forum Home Options', and find the section "Subforums to show on Index listing". There you can change the number of subforums that you wish to show inside forums on the index and forumdisplay pages. Set to 0 to disable it.

Cheers
Thank you! That was eventually so easy...