MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: <imei> plug-in pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi every body
Here I introduce some of MyBB plug-ins that I programmed
Hopefully useful for you~
Please write down your comments or mail me any bug or suggestion at ADDMIMISTRATOR [an at sign]gMaiL[dot]cOm

Thanks
imei
  • Preface
    This Plug-in prevents cache proxies from saving your forum security pages, so privacy of your users save!
  • Introduction
    In no few days ago, we have a vBulletin based forum with over 40,000 users from everywhere!
    As you know, yet, there are very users that use weak ISPs and low bandwidth dialup connections ~ so this ISPs use a cache proxy system for saving their bandwidth and speedup users~! But configuring a cache proxy system is very hard and there are some sensitive settings that every body doesn't know them! Also all cache softwares are not as strong as other!
    however, some our users that use same ISP with this not correct configured cache systems, say us that they can view others secret pages(CP, Private messages, saved drafts ,etc...); we don't know where is the problem! After some tries we know that problem is not in the forum system and its between side ~~
    We decide to use a system against these proxies, that if they want to save all pages by seeing their URL, we make randomized URLs for our users that if pages save between side other users have no problem!
    This system suggested by me (imei) and implemented by site's admin (I don't know how implemented that time) but i implement it in MyBB system with this plug-in!
  • How It Works
    This plug-in adds a random parameter to pages URL. All http internal links that a page generates get this parameter!
    For e.g. this link that there is on the top of every pages:
    <a href="usercp.php">user panel</a>
    Changes to this one:
    <a href="usercp.php?s=1223ab4fd">user panel</a>
    This random string generate by hashing time value, it changes time to time so have a unique value!
    External links that refer to out of forum -that differenced by a target property in html tag does not change at all
    For e.g. <a href="http://www.mybboard.com" target="_blank">copy right</a>
  • How to Install Plug-in
    Simply, you must copy this file>> imeiAntiUrlCache.php to this server directory>> ./inc/plugins
    And go to Admin panel >board settings>plug-in manager> <imei> Anti URL Cache Plugin> active
    System must work properly, but you can change default setting.

Changeable settings are:
    Parameter name (default: s)
    Parameter Len (default: 8 max: 32)
    Report (default: yes) {this plug-in generates a small report as HTML comment ( <!-- report --> ) at end of each page that includes time of phrase and changing page and difference of size before and after change! this report is useful for admin review. this field disable this report!}
  • Notes
    *we try to make this plug-in as fast as possible, so you can view report for big pages. We try and see it is fast! But you can easily select your choice between reported time and feature of plug-in.
    *however, size of page increase by this plug-in cause of adding string to links, but for some webmasters this is important that their pages how many load later? We offer that length of string, leave on 8 that for saving privacy is enough but you can change it easily
    *we try to leave all java scripty links and that links that must leave unchanged , but if there is any problem or error report us!
    *some of pages that redirect from server side or by auto redirect system may not anti cached by this plug-in! it is not important~ in general, a plug-in (alone), can not do this and it needs some code modification. So anti caching ALL pages is not duty of this plug-in !
    * we are not responsible for any abuse or vulnerability of this system but try to secure it as much as possible.

• Preface
    This Plugin clear default Quote in Quote feature for newreply script
  • Introduction
    For a forum that all of users answer other's posts, after a while, database grows fast and faster.it is result of Quoting others post! you quote someone's post and he quote your post in answer! by default all of previuos posts com in current post with quote in quote!
    but we provide this plugin to preventing this action as DEFAULT
  • How It Works
    when plugin actived, if any post want to be quoted, all of nested quotes in it cleared~so this plugin makes your thread's view better and your data base smaller!
  • Compare
    by default if you hav a post as this:

b Wrote:
    a Wrote:hello all
    hello a; how are you?
    I'm fine; and you?

when you want to quote it, it became as this:
    a Wrote:
    b Wrote:
    a Wrote:hello all
    hello a; how are you?
    I'm fine; and you?
    not too bad, thank you
    but with this plugin:

a Wrote:I'm fine; and you?
    not too bad, thank you

How to Install Plugin
    Simply, you must copy this file>> imeiNoQinQ.php to this server directory>> ./inc/plugins
    and go to Admin pannel >board settings>plugin manager> <imei> No Quote in Quote!> active
    this plugin has not any setting!

• Notes
    *this plugin dont disable quote in quote feature, so you can use Mycodes in your posts and Your hand written quote in quote texts rendered as well as before, but when you want to reply a post, it cleaned for nested quotes for better view~
    * we are not responsable for any problem of this plugin or abuse. but we strongly try to make it useful. so mail us or write down your comments, founded bugs or suggestions.
descriptions of this plugin are below in several post later
nice job. congrats!
monsto Wrote:nice job. congrats!
thanks senior~ iam waiting for your suggestion and feedback~
be beauty
  • Preface
    This Plugin makes showthread.php to hide signatures of users that their signatures shown above;
  • Introduction
    If you have a meaningful signature, for example a beauty term of a well-known man, likely you dont like to tired others by reading it more times and make it low cost!
    In other hand, if you are an admin, you dont like to have a bad view thread in effect of showing one user's signature below each post of a topic that he posts in it too much~
    what was it if only one signature of each user shown on a page~? this plugin provided this for you! try and enjoy of better view!
  • How It Works
    this plugin make an array of posters of a page and shows signature in only first post of that user~for e.g. if your posts is 4th and 7th of a page , with this, your signature shown only below of 4th post! it make a better view and a more readable theread!
    How to Install Plugin
    Simply, you must copy this file>> imeiOneSignature.php to this server directory>> ./inc/plugins
    and go to Admin pannel >board settings>plugin manager> <imei> One Signature Of One User Per Page!> active.
    this plugin has not any setting yet~ if you have any suggestion,i'll go into it as fast as possible.
  • Notes
    *system is full compatable with pages that several users post in it!
    *system, is full compatable for theareds with any number of post and any number of PostPerPage. also compatable with changed templates and languages.
    *this plugin is full compatable with posts that it's show signature flage is off it is mean that if your first post setted for not showing,there is no problem and your next post will be verified ~
    *this system use global $post valiable,that means code midifications that has changed this varable make this plugin not work!

p.s:sorry for my poor english~
be happy
Nice job with the imeiOneSignature Smile
Bill Wrote:Nice job with the imeiOneSignature Smile
thanks senior~
i am working on a plugin for avatars!
remote avatar system is very poor and ,remote avatars can be very dangeruse and also can make pages ugly!
this plugin will download avatar from remote address and make your avatar local! if it is possible make it your avatar and if not delete changes!
of curse in this method locale limitations can be applied on remote avatars (that now are localized)

I go into any suggestion or bug report! hep us!
nice job!

Cant wait for the remote avatar plugin Smile

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3