MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [D] Upgrade duplicates settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just ran an upgrade process from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5. All the settings were duplicated -- I have now two "Board Closed" settings, two "Board Close Reason" settings, etc. Settings groups seem correct.
The insertion was confirmed by the upgrade process, it gave a message about inserting 174 (or whatever the number was) settings.

The same thing happened when upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4. Then, I decided to reinstall everything from scratch. This time, I cannot do it.

I would like to remove the duplicates. I would also like to ask for the upgrade bug to be fixed.

This is on OpenBSD 4.4, php5-core-5.2.6, php-sqlite-5.2.6, sqlite-2.8.17-p1.

Please ask if you need more information.

Bill
This upgrade bug was fixed a long time ago - Sometime in 1.4.3/1.4.4 or around that
Well, it happened to me today, vanilla 1.4.4 -> 1.4.5.
I'd be happy to dig through it for you, please let me know what you need to find out what went wrong.

Bill
(2009-06-03, 05:16 PM)billyj Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it happened to me today, vanilla 1.4.4 -> 1.4.5.
I'd be happy to dig through it for you, please let me know what you need to find out what went wrong.

Bill

Your best bet is to make a support thread. You probably didn't follow instructions properly (you have old files, selecting the wrong version to upgrade, or something like that)