MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] Anti IE BBCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-06-03, 06:36 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]This is useless, considering the number of people still using IE.

As well as a number of people that use the internet at work and are forced to only use IE.
(2009-06-03, 07:17 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-03, 06:36 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]This is useless, considering the number of people still using IE.

As well as a number of people that use the internet at work and are forced to only use IE.

Yep, like my college, and most colleges and schools, in the UK at least.
What about those whose parents don't allow downloading new browsers?
(2009-06-03, 06:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This is absolutely worthless. Why would you hide content from IE users?

To force users to download alternate browsers...

(2009-06-03, 08:41 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]What about those whose parents don't allow downloading new browsers?

LOL... Is any parents out there who restrict their childs to NOT download Browser ??
(2009-06-04, 02:53 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-03, 08:41 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]What about those whose parents don't allow downloading new browsers?

LOL... Is any parents out there who restrict their childs to NOT download Browser ??

My parents don't, but some family's who share one computer don't allow the children to download/install.
Undecided

So what can I do if My parents allow me to download any kind of Browser...!

Come on Guys, Stop making a joke out of that
(2009-06-03, 07:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-03, 07:17 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, like my college, and most colleges and schools, in the UK at least.

(2009-06-04, 03:04 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Undecided

So what can I do if My parents allow me to download any kind of Browser...!

Come on Guys, Stop making a joke out of that

It's not a joke. Some parents don't allow their kids to download or install programs incase they install a virus. Also, most schools use IE. As Matt said, most schools in the UK use IE, and so do the schools in Australia.
I release this for those Guys, who really sick in using IE like me,
Though currently I am also using this browser but I really urge to change it...
Moreover, If any one found it useful, then its upto them to use it freely
Decent plug-in(or bbcode) but will probably wont be used by that much people.

US schools also probably only use IE. I know for sure that my junior high school did. Wink
(2009-06-03, 06:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This is absolutely worthless. Why would you hide content from IE users?

To force users to download alternate browsers...

Ugh, you cannot force people to download an alternate browser, you can advise them to do so, put a message saying 'This forum may break in IE, click here to download firefox, or click here to view the thread anyway'. That is perfectly OK. What if content was blocked from IE users on here, forcing them to download something else?? Hundreds of people would miss out.

Yes!! There are plenty of people who setup filters and other things on their computers because they know kids can be unpredictable and download crap that damages computers.
Pages: 1 2 3