MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin receiving users emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm receiving all emails for one of the users, he changed his email address, and I received an email change request, which I thought needed some sort of admin approval, so I clicked on the link to approve the change.

Now I get all of his emails for subscribed threads, etc. I checked on his account, that his email address is listed, and confirmed in the db, that it is correct.

I still get the emails...

forum: www.westwoodvillage.co.za/forum

Edit: original install was 1.4.4, upgraded to 1.4.6 as it came out.
The emails will just be sent to the address in the database... you're saying you're getting emails for things user X has subscribed to but the email in the database for user X is his address?? Because that can't really happen... Confused It just uses the relevant email address from the database... are you sure you're not just subscribed to things...?? Have you tried changing the addresses again...??

E-mail changes don't need admin approval, the user changing it has to approve it themselves, a message is sent to the new address to confirm it.
That's why I'm so confused by it.

User has his own email address configured in his account (confirmed in admin CP, and DB itself)
I receive all his emails generated from the forum.

I'm not sure how it's possible - but it's happening! I'll keep looking around for issues.