MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release]MyFriends (vers 1.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MyFriends 1.0
(Friendship system for MyBB)

Version: 1.0
Description: Add a Friendship system to your board.
Friendship must be allowed by both members.
When someone asks a friendship a PM is delivered in order to inform the other member.
On profile profile it will be shown a box where will be shown up to 4 random friends. And then there will be a page where all friends of that member will be displayed.

Screenshots:
[Image: normal1300x86.png][Image: remove300x101.png]

Live Demo: http://mapogio.altervista.org/forum/user-1.html

Download:
http://mapogio.altervista.org/forum/thread-5.html
(it's free and you don't need to register Smile)

Changelog:
v 1.0 BETA: first BETA release
v 1.0: firs stable release
Once someone is your "friend", then what can you do?
(2009-06-03, 09:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Once someone is your "friend", then what can you do?

Nothing Toungue
This is just a friendship system Wink

(But if you want, you can delete friends)
Quote:Friendship must be allowed by both members

Does this mean that the member who receives the "friends request" may accept or decline the request and if declined, the person will not be added to both members' friends lists?

Cheers,
Gene
The boxes are too big for my taste =/
(2009-06-03, 10:02 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Friendship must be allowed by both members

Does this mean that the member who receives the "friends request" may accept or decline the request and if declined, the person will not be added to both members' friends lists?

Cheers,
Gene
Yes!
Only a thing: it doesn't exist the function 'decline', you have just to ignore the PM of the friendship Wink
(2009-06-03, 10:07 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The boxes are too big for my taste =/
Yu can make them smaller, just edit these two global templates: friends_rand, all_friends
Editing the CSS you will be able to modify height and width Wink

I chose that width and that height to fit mybb's templates and my screen Wink
Quote:Only a thing: it doesn't exist the function 'decline', you have just to ignore the PM of the friendship

Cool, so by not replying to the PM and deleting it, no one gets added on either side.

Quote:I chose that width and that height to fit mybb's templates and my screen

Just the right size for the avatars to show Smile
A friends system seems useless when there is no functionality added by having friends. The buddy list works fine for this as it is and actually is more functional ...
I love it, I saw such functions of friendships in one of vB forum,
Good Job Smile
I really like the concept.
Thank you for your thoughts to make this!

Owen
Pages: 1 2 3