MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Suggestion xD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I am not sure if this is the right area to suggest,

well my suggestions are all simple:

1. The Plugin settings should be separated away from Board settings because its little annoying mixing with the board settings. there should be a page for all plugin settings.

2. Plugin Manager inside AdminCP Angel so it will be easy especially to newbie to install basic plugins.

3. AdminCP Login Security Question, if there's a hacker attempting to access Toungue

that's all Toungue
Moved this to the Suggestions and Feedback forum... I don't see how it could have gone anywhere else.
(2009-06-04, 03:40 AM)Kleist Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I am not sure if this is the right area to suggest,

well my suggestions are all simple:

1. The Plugin settings should be separated away from Board settings because its little annoying mixing with the board settings. there should be a page for all plugin settings.

2. Plugin Manager inside AdminCP Angel so it will be easy especially to newbie to install basic plugins.

3. AdminCP Login Security Question, if there's a hacker attempting to access Toungue

that's all Toungue

1. I somewhat agree but I don't really mind.

2. I believe it's been suggested before(can't remember) but it would be nice to have.

3. Could be made into a plug-in. You can also password protect your Admin folder if you want some extra security.
1. I don't see the point of this. IMO this would make the admin panel more disorganised.
2. I would like to see this, but don't think that it is crucial. Last time I checked, phpBB was still using manual file edits for mods.
3. If a hacker could find the admin directory, and get passed a password, then a security question isn't going to stop the hacker.
(2009-06-04, 04:15 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]1. I don't see the point of this. IMO this would make the admin panel more disorganised.
2. I would like to see this, but don't think that it is crucial. Last time I checked, phpBB was still using manual file edits for mods.
3. If a hacker could find the admin directory, and get passed a password, then a security question isn't going to stop the hacker.

well the first suggestion on my view is good because I have 12 plugins, I am getting confuse, sometimes delete some group setting (thinking that a plugin setting group xD)
I suggested the first one and Ryan liked it; may be a case of having all the default settings, a <hr> and then plugin ones, and have them alphabetic, because right now I have to use Ctrl+F and search to find anything, bit silly.
Invision have this spot on in IPB3:

System Settings

Different setting types have different tabs. All the settings relating to a type are shown in tab... much more organised.
If the settings were organized into two columns one for board settings and other for plugin settings, that would make it easier to find.
Not a good idea and I'll tell you why. If I have a plugin that needs just one or two settings added and let's say they are related to posting...then I just place them in the actual posting group. Under this suggestion they would be in their own group elsewhere which is actually more wasted space.
1. I agree.
2. Not understanding what you're getting at.
3. Not necessary, as you can just password-protect your directory. However I think if someone can guess/find your password, I doubt a question will do anything to stop them, or even slow them down.
Pages: 1 2