MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restoring database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i need personal help restoring the database. Discussing this thread in here will take a long time and as u guyz understand, we cant wait to view threads and then restore it. So if someones ready to help me, please put ur IM here or just PM me.

Will really appreciate it.
Thanks.
update: this is really important for me, since i have been facing different issues for about 2 weeks now, and i have read all the available documents and googled it also so please dont put any links.
Restoring a database is simple - if you're using phpMyAdmin/mySQL, then simply open the database with the information, select all the MyBB tables in the database, and drop them.

Then, click on the "Import" tab, and choose the location of your backup. Set the options if you need to (normally you don't have to touch anything else) and click "Go". The backup will be restored.
what is your problem?
(2009-06-04, 02:14 PM)myb123 Wrote: [ -> ]what is your problem?

(2009-06-04, 06:13 AM)indiansword Wrote: [ -> ]i need personal help restoring the database
restoring the mybb database is simple. you can use bigdump

http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/bigdump/

do you mean that you need fix database or you need import database?
What error do you get when you try import?
If you need someone to restore the database, you should be aware that it involves giving your CPanel login details. I DO NOT encourage that at all; nor do I recommend that anyone should volunteer to do that. I already had an unforgettable lesson having offered help for someone. You will eventually be accused of destroying the forum, stealing stuff, and of even being a terrorist!

If you need to restore the database, make as many backups as possible of the ones you already have, then Drop all the tables in your SQL server. Install mysqldumper and use it for restoring your db backup.

PhpMyadmin is too lazy to restore huge backups!

Regards