MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Few Questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a while since I've posted here, and I think I've learned a lot about how MyBB works since then. But I've run into a few... Well they're not problems, just annoyances.
  • I have created a new page in the admin panel, that allows me to access some information from the MySQL database more easily. How do I:
    • Make the links in the sub-category become bold after it has loaded the page? (For example the links when you click the Users & Groups tab that read "Users", "Groups", "User Titles", "Permissions", etc...)
    • While I was doing the testing for this new page, I used a MySQL query that set every element in a column in the MyBB_users table to "test". How do I clear out this information without deleting the column?
  • Whenever an automated e-mail is sent out by the forum, it takes about thirty minutes for it to actually reach the users e-mail client. Do you have any idea of why that might be?
  • I added a field to the registration, and I require that it be at least one-hundred characters long. How do I:
    • Perform a check that the user does, in fact, have one-hundred characters in that field after pressing submit?
    • If the user doesn't have one-hundred characters in that field, or if they have any error in their username, password, etc..., they lose everything they wrote in that field. And having to re-write one-hundred characters more than once would get very frustrating and possibly cause them to leave. How do I make it so that even if they have an error, what they've written in that field stays there?

I thought I had more questions that that... Oh well, I'll ask if I remember them. If you have any questions, or need some screenshots, just ask.
-
-- Probably in the ./admin/styles/ folder somehwere
-- UPDATE mybb_TABLENAME SET COLUMN = '';

-
-- Probably a question to ask your host...

-

-- I have a feeling that will need a code modification of some kind.
-- As above
Thank you for the quick reply. And a tremendous facepalm on my part for the second answer. And what I meant on the last question, is what is necessary to modify.