MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Decent Cheap Vps's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to know if anyone knows of a decent cheap vps? like under 10 cad a month?
What you looking to do on it? Or, do you have some specs you want?

I mean you maybe able to find a 128mb and if your really lucky a 256mb one but no cPanel and stuff.
Is there such a thing as a decent cheap VPS?? I was under the impression that VPSs were for larger sites so you wouldn't be able to find a good one that was 'cheap'...
(2009-06-04, 07:33 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]I need to know if anyone knows of a decent cheap vps? like under 10 cad a month?

There must be one somewhere. I have two hosts now: one that's decent and cheap while the other one is terribly expensive and indecent. I'll check if my decent host has VPS offers and get back to you if I find good news.
Can I ask why you want VPS? You might be better off with a solid shared hosting for $10 a month like Dreamhost or Hostgator.
yes awesome host was 3 euros and dect, but the admin is stupid now.... so i need a new cheap one
(2009-06-05, 01:04 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask why you want VPS? You might be better off with a solid shared hosting for $10 a month like Dreamhost or Hostgator.

I personally wouldnt suggest Hostgator. For one they cram way to many people onto the same server. Or atleast use to. That caused a number of issues at my other site when it was first started a couple of years back with constant downtime etc. Who knows maybe they stopped doing it? I ended up getting a VPS sence then and have had zero problems. Actually have 3 servers. One for the forum and 2 for the rest of the stuff on that site.

IF you look hard enough there is some deals to be had for a VPS. Doubt you will find one for under 10 bucks a month though.
ServerComplete has some cheap deals IMO.
(2009-06-05, 02:29 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]I personally wouldnt suggest Hostgator. For one they cram way to many people onto the same server. Or atleast use to. That caused a number of issues at my other site when it was first started a couple of years back with constant downtime etc.

I've had a Hostgator-hosted website for over 3 years, and I've never experienced anything like sustained downtime. Over the time of the website, it has 99.1% uptime. I think that's pretty impressive for a shared host that "cram way to many people onto the same server".

Personally, if you're going to VPS and you really think you're going to need it, then do it properly and don't shirk on price. An alternative is MediaTemple's GS (grid service). I know my last employers had over 200 networked sites on there, and never experienced any problems whatsoever. They do good virtual deals too.
www.QuillHost.com <- Very fast Xen based VPSs, you can find specials on www.WebHostingTalk.com for under $10.
www.FSCKVPS.com <- Reliable but unmanaged. $9.95USD per month for a quality VPS.

I've used both and prefer QuillHost because of the sheer speed of thier VPSs, but for the price you really can't beat either of them... as long as you're proficient with linux. Wink
Pages: 1 2