MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing main "Contact Email" address?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I accidently installed myBB and used a contact email on a different domain (yahoo.com) and therefore activation emails are not being sent out, how can I change this?

Here is the photo of the install and what I mean by "Contact Email":
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Image..._board.png

I understand it must be in one of the config files somewhere but I can't find it...

(I don't want to reinstall myBB because I have already edited quite a few things.)
That contact email, as it says, only shows up in the footer of the page. It will not affect activation emails.
What Gene said, but if you still want to edit it

Go to AdminCP > Configuration > General Configuration
You can use emails from different domains. Can you check if you have PHP Mail selected in the mail settings (ACP -> Configuration -> Mail Settings) and check if the first setting is set to PHP Mail.

If it is set to PHP Mail, it is most likely your host not allowing PHP Mail.
Yes, my mail handler is currently set to PHP() mail function, no extra params, logging is set to log everything.

I'm sure the issue is I set my board configuration email when I originally set it up to the wrong email address, all I need to do is change it but don't know how.

Right now no activation emails are being sent out because my server blocks phpmail() function if the sender is not hosted on the server.

The last time I installed myBB I used the correct email and had no issues.
Ok, to change the email go to ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration and change the email in there.
When you use phpmail() function the sender IS the server it is hosted on. If you are using shared hosting your domain may be example.com but php mail sends it from the hosting server which may be something like node99.someserver.com
I currently have it set up: [email protected]
I am receiving emails now to Gmail accounts but when I tried registering with a yahoo account it doesn't send an activation email.
Could this be an issue with just yahoo email servers?
Will switching to SMTP resolve this issue.

Yoshistr
I have found Yahoo to be a major Pain In The ....butt, they block almost everyone. SMTP may work if the mail server you send through has SPF and Domain Keys active.
What would be the best way to intercept email addresses entered as Yahoo and warn the user to use a different one when they are registering?