MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Almost... Language english (/home/dracojesi/public_html/Forum/inc/languages/english)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, here we go...

I install myBB, it appears to have gone well then....

Language english (/home/dracojesi/public_html/Forum/inc/languages/english) is not installed

yeah, I get that on my index page,

http://www.dracojesi.com/Forum

I know it's there, I just did a clean install...

so I go to my web based ftp manager in my websites c-panel....

I navigate to the designated folder, it's there, or appears to be, when I click on languages to open the directory, I'm told it doesn't exist.... yet it just said it did o.0

so I delete languages and attempt to make a brand new languages folder but get this...

Warning: ftp_mkdir() [function.ftp-mkdir]: /public_html/Forum/inc/languages: Operation not permitted in /home/websites/sectorlink.com/website/cpanel/ftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 493

everything else seems to have uploaded fine.... as far as I can tell, for some reason, my host doesn't like me creating a directory called languages...

I should probably contact my ISP on this as well, eh?

I probably could configure mybb to use an alternate folder but would that cause compatibility issues later on?

T_T

on the other hand, the installation was well organized Big Grin

Edit: actually, I just noticed, it won't delete either Sad

Edit: nevermind, I fixed it, the permissions didn't take the first time around....
CHMOD ./inc/languages/english and all files in the english folder to 666.

Also, CHMOD ./inc/languages/english/admin to 666.
I had to chmod my language directory to 777 when the install documentation says 666...

it wont show under 666, should I be worried it's 777?

when they are 666 I cant even get to them via ftp, and it only hapens to the languages folder :/
Glad it's sorted.
yeah, thanks

except I had to chmod to 777 for the language files, which seeing as how they are language files and that there is no sensitive data, it's fine?
(2009-06-05, 05:11 AM)Draco Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, thanks

except I had to chmod to 777 for the language files, which seeing as how they are language files and that there is no sensitive data, it's fine?

Yeah, 777 should be fine, but I don't see why you can't change it to 666...
(2009-06-05, 05:13 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-05, 05:11 AM)Draco Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, thanks

Yeah, 777 should be fine, but I don't see why you can't change it to 666...

wish I knew XD