MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable using signature to user?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello I can't find it under configuration. Can anyone help me about his?
This requires a plugin. The only one I know of is at www.mybbcentral.com though.
Hey why can't I download plugin in mybbcentral do I need to pay or something? Is there any free forum where I can download plugins besides mybbcentral and here?
MyBBCentral isn't free but like I said, I don't know of any other plugin that does what you're looking for (then again, once I found it at MyBBCentral I stopped looking).
You need to pay for a subscription, which allows you to download any of their plug ins.

It is around $5 a year, well worth it.
(2009-06-05, 08:59 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]This requires a plugin.

Why a plugin? I'd simply delete the postbit_signature and the member_profile_signature from the mybb_templates table. This will disable the signature, but not actually delete it. Of course one needs to backup these two tables just in case one needs to restore this option.

Regards
(2009-06-05, 12:25 PM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]

Why a plugin? I'd simply delete the postbit_signature and the member_profile_signature from the mybb_templates table. This will disable the signature, but not actually delete it. Of course one needs to backup these two tables just in case one needs to restore this option.

Regards

But that would delete the signature for all users, not 1 user like requested. Wink
(2009-06-05, 01:46 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]But that would delete the signature for all users, not 1 user like requested. Wink

Did he/she mention 1 user? If so, why not just warn that user or simply "Disable signature in all posts" in the user's profile! Or even ban him or her if he or she is a pain in the neck!Toungue
Hey I will disable it for the whole forum not just one person. Anyway thanks I'll try it now!
(2009-06-05, 12:25 PM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards

Hey just want to clarify.. it is under

Template & Style -> Templates -> I'll choose the template that I'm using -> expand -> Post Bit Template -> Postbit_signature

Then I'll just remove/delete the code Am I right? How about member_profile_signature where can I find it?

Need to clarify this I don't want to have any mistake....
Pages: 1 2