MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When i go to install, i get this message. " [an error occurred while processing this directive] ". Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Thanks.
Can you printscreen it...??
That is the whole screen. [an error occurred while processing this directive]. And white.
Can you edit inc/config.php and add on a new line after <?php the following:

ini_set('display_errors', true);

Then try again and if it gives any extra errors the post them here.
Sounds like something wrong with the host as opposed to something wrong with MyBB then...

I don't think config.php is even used at the start of the installation, it's empty to begin with, not totally sure if putting anything in it will make anything happen during install. It can't be used in any way at the start of the install because it's just an empty file.
Does your host even support PHP? Because "[an error occurred while processing this directive]" isn't a PHP error. Undecided
To check if your host supports php, open wordpad (or notepad, but wordpad is better) on your computer and put the following in it

<?php
phpinfo();
?>
Save the file as phpinfo.php and upload it to your server. When you have done that, load the file in your browser by going to yoursite/phpinfo.php

If you have php available on your host then you will get a page that looks like www.peterska2.com/info.php If you don't get something that looks like that, then your host doesn't support php and you will need to find one that does.