MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Disable Star Ranking...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just as the title says, I don't want it...

but when I set it to 0 or even blank, there's still a star....

when I change the image path to nothing, the star image disappears as one would expect, but then, in it's place, shows an asterisk (*)

now I thought about replacing the star image with one for each group, one for Admin, one for Moderator.....

this way, I fix the star issue, and if my moderators want to use a custom user title, they can still be easily spotted by those who don't recognize the colors.... this will also make the staff "pop out" among the crowd...

I'm a bit afraid that if the user title says the rank... it will be redundant, though....

but, I don't want a rank image for normal users, and since I'm guessing the only way to do that requires, editing the post bit, disabling it for all groups Sad

but with a little bit of thinking outside the box, I wonder how a transparent image will make the post bit look Smile

and I don't want to edit the coding for the post bit because, unless theres a master template, I'll have to do this for all my themes correct?

(I may be editing that part of the code anyway but still....)

but the stars are to flashy and make it look like one of the many cheap (as in effort put in, not price) of many of the boards out there that one tends to avoid.... IMO

and it's not helpful, admins look the same but with one more star than mods...

so before I even edit, what would you do?

and if I do edit, what do I edit, is the code that needs to be changed easy to spot?
You deleted the image right?
(2009-06-06, 07:02 PM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]You deleted the image right?

no, but I removed the path so I might as well have.....

it gives me an asterisk...... but I think I've found decent images, here's one....

[Image: admin.png]