MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BlackEvo4 Theme Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm sure this isn't for the 1.4.X series as I had to ignore the version number when I installed it (got the theme from another site, but I it here as well, maybe the one here is an updated version?) but I'm trying to use it with 1.4.x so this still counts as available support right? Big Grin

but most of if not all the plugins I've installed just don't show up in this theme...

now in phpbb that means I would have to go and change the theme but....

all I got with this theme was....

an image directory
a javascript script < the name I saw indicates a "fix" script
an xml file

no template files?

so how does it work with MyBB?

is it the xml file I need to edit?

how exactly do the hooks work? I'm hoping all I have to do is add the right hooks instead of editing the themes code every time I add a plugin...

thanks,
Some 1.4.x themes require you to ignore the version, dunno why.

The plugins don't show simply because the template changes that make the plugins show aren't in the templates for the new theme. If the theme will work OK using the template set that has the plugin stuff in, change the template sets, if not, you may need to deactivate and reactivate all the plugins to get the plugins to show on the new theme.
Thanks, that worked, well kind off, I thought it didn't at first.. my navigation bar at the top didn't update correctly, on the old theme, the games section, chat, ect. showed up there after I activated the mods... not this time, so I'm guessing I need to go find where those links are stored and do some editing.... XD

and I forgot to mention this but, the selected button doesn't change for the navigation.... it says home is still selected even when I'm on the calendar page! o.0
(2009-06-07, 12:05 AM)Draco Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that worked, well kind off, I thought it didn't at first.. my navigation bar at the top didn't update correctly, on the old theme, the games section, chat, ect. showed up there after I activated the mods... not this time, so I'm guessing I need to go find where those links are stored and do some editing.... XD

and I forgot to mention this but, the selected button doesn't change for the navigation.... it says home is still selected even when I'm on the calendar page! o.0

That's how the theme is meant to work. Only Forum Home shows in blue. If you want to know how to make the active tab show as blue, I'll move this to the templates forum.
(2009-06-07, 12:09 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-07, 12:05 AM)Draco Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that worked, well kind off, I thought it didn't at first.. my navigation bar at the top didn't update correctly, on the old theme, the games section, chat, ect. showed up there after I activated the mods... not this time, so I'm guessing I need to go find where those links are stored and do some editing.... XD

That's how the theme is meant to work. Only Forum Home shows in blue. If you want to know how to make the active tab show as blue, I'll move this to the templates forum.

oh, my bad Big Grin

yeah, that would be great thanks, as it looks a little confusing XD

or maybe it just confuses me, Dodgy

I don't even care if none of them show blue (need to make it look purple on the purple theme I'm making from it btw....)

and I'm sure they can help with the links so yeah, that would be great Smile
Moved. Someone should be able to help you change the navigation. You also might want to ask in the BlackEvo support thread.