MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I make threads viewable by guests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made it so you couldn't see the topics until you registered, because I thought it would be an incentive to register.

But I recently saw my forum as a guest, and it looks barren without being able to see anything, and nobody has a reason to register if they can't see posts to reply to. So I want to undo this, but I can no longer find the option for it.

How do I make it so that an unregistered guest can view the forum, like it is by default?
It's the 'Can view threads in this forum' permission, it's in the advanced permissions.. In 1.4.7 it will be back how it was before, you can set it to they can view the titles but not the content of the threads.
OK I found that option. It's set to inherit permissions from parent forums, but I can't find a root forum that it's inheriting that permission from, so I've had to go through every forum and change it to custom permissions.

It would be better if they can just see the titles but not the content. Look forward to that. Smile