MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost my Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was testing user groups when I took admin off my super admin account and gave it a MOD instead, now I cannot get into the ACP on my super admin account. I had a friends account with admin but it cannot edit the super admin account. I have tryed going through my servers trying to get it back but can't, can you help? I have MyBB 1.4.6.
Run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Check your table prefix and uid are right.
(2009-06-07, 03:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Check your table prefix and uid are right.

I am pretty thick and do not understand by phpMyAdmin.
Choose your database from the list on the left when you get on it, click the SQL tab up at the top, and paste the code.
(2009-06-07, 03:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Choose your database from the list on the left when you get on it, click the SQL tab up at the top, and paste the code.

Which one do I pick?
What do you mean what one?? Only you know what your database is called, choose that one...
(2009-06-07, 03:36 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean what one?? Only you know what your database is called, choose that one...

I am not the best with codes etc, do I put something before the users on mybb_users ?
E.g:
UPDATE mybb_forumusers SET usergroup = '4' WHERE uid = '1';
No, as I said, you choose your database, click the SQL tab along the top of the page, and paste the code that I gave you into the text box, and then press Go... not sure where mybb_forumusers came from in your code, it's just mybb_users.... you don't need to know how to code, this is just clicking links and copying and pasting, no coding knowledge needed.
Thanks dude, what I ment was if matthew was my table prefix, should I have made the code that, done it now anyways thanks very much!