MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Jump 404 Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to do a search for this, but couldn't seem to find anything related.

After I go into a forum, when I click the Forum Jump drown down and select Forum Home, Who's Online, User Control Panel, Private Messages, etc., I get a 404. It looks like it's trying to access these as actual forums and the forum id's don't exist.

For instance, Who's Online tries to pull up the following:
http://www.mydomain.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=-5

The template I'm using is Artistic Freedom.

I've tried rebuilding the cache with no success.

If this is something that can't be resolved, I'm open from removing those selections from the drop down since Home and Forum are available in the header.

Thanks!
I actually just found where these values are stored in the template.

Maybe they are just the incorrect values? What are the correct values?

Thanks.
Could we have an actual link to your forum...?? Would be useful...
Seems to be working.
(2009-06-07, 06:21 PM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to be working.

You see it working with Who's Online and Forum Home? I see it working with every selection other than the first five, which are not, technically forums.

I see in forumdisplay.php where it's supposed to substitute in the correct php file when the fid < 0, but it doesn't seem to be handing it properly past that.

$fid = intval($mybb->input['fid']);
if($fid < 0)
{
	switch($fid)
	{
		case "-1":
			$location = "index.php";
			break;
		case "-2":
			$location = "search.php";
			break;
		case "-3":
			$location = "usercp.php";
			break;
		case "-4":
			$location = "private.php";
			break;
		case "-5":
			$location = "online.php";
			break;
	}
	if($location)
	{
		header("Location: ".$location);
		exit;
	}
}

I was finally able to track this down to an issue with the Google SEO plugin redirects in my htaccess file. I've disabled the plugin and removed the redirects for the time being to get the jump list working properly and will revisit the plugin at a later date.