MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error need help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am not the best wth moving over a forum.

But i am trying to move mine now.

I have currently put all the files to my server and now i get this message.

www.sliqdesigns.co.uk/forum
Say its there.

Then if i go to the install folder and then upgrade it doesnt upgrade for me and i really need to have this one as i have done so much to it so far.

Thanks Lewis
4th thread on this in 24 hours... Undecided

Open ./inc/config.php and check your database type. If it's mysql, change it to mysqli, if it's mysqli, change it to mysql.
Hey.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have changed it but the error is still there.

I need to change the database name and password maybe?

but i dont know where to.

Lewis
Yes, that error means your database details are wrong. This page will explain all these sorts of errors - [Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) - Basically your database details seem to all be wrong.
Hey.

Well i have read it but it doesnt really say how to change them.

Do i need to make new MySQL details and chaneg them to the new ones.

But do you know where i change them?

Lewis
If you don't know what your database details are, we can't help you with that, you'll need to find out what they are. You should be able to find out what the database name and username is, and the password should be available too... you just need to make sure the details in config.php are actually what's needed for your database.....
Well i think i have found where i need to change my database details.

I know what they all are but i have moved them from one server to another! so it wasnt working

I will update once i have done what i have done and hopefully it works!

Lewis
OK i have changed my new MySQL details and now i am getting this error.

www.sliqdesigns.co.uk/forum

Lewis
Again, that's explained on the Wiki page, seems your table prefix is wrong. Check it and try again.
Maybe you know if i install a new version and back this one up can i reload the back up and everything will load from my old forum?

Lewis
I was about to suggest to do that if you can't do it this way... make sure you do it like this... make a full backup of the database in phpMyAdmin by clicking the Export tab at the top, make sure everything has been backed up. Then, run the installation script, go back to phpMyAdmin, drop the empty tables the installer created, and import the backup. Then everything should work.