MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modification Browsing From ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a long the same lines as the SMF setup, and the Auto Update feature basically. It would be a simple system, where you could browse the mod site (mods.mybboard.net) and choose mods to upload directly to your plugins directory (themes too, I guess). The system would only require your FTP details (only Super Administrators can configure and view these settings), then you browse, check off the ones you want, click 'download to my site', and activate them from the plugin list.

It would most likely get rid of most of those threads asking how to upload files and such. And the system could work like this:

- When a user submits a download, he/she can choose; allow direct access from MyBB admin control panel (or something)?
- If he/she chooses yes, hey will simply upload an XML file containing the information of where files would be placed (i.e. My Mod/images/my_mod folder -> {forum directory}/images) and the users forum will read the XML file and place the files accordingly.
Is it just me or are people getting more lazier these days... Rolleyes

But nevertheless, it would be kinda cool. Wink