MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I go to my Administrator Control Panel and I go to Import a theme, but I can't figure out how to do this. My theme is in a folder form and it won't let me import the whole Theme file. How can I do this?
The theme would of come with a .xml file. ACP -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Import a Theme and browse for the .xml that came with the theme then click import theme.
You either browse for the .xml file from your computer or give the URL to it if you uploaded it...
One very important thing to consider before importing a theme is whether or not it is compatible with your current version of MyBB. Some theme designers assume that the user will upload all the image files to the default forum image directory overwriting the existing default ones. Make sure that the paths in the xml file refer to an independent directory; and if not, you will have to edit the path (for all images) manually before importing it; or else you end up in a real mess if the imported theme is not compatible with your current mybb.

Perhaps you could wait a few days, till I release my step-by-step manual on how to import and modify themes.

Regards