MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a new user to MyBB its brill by the way, but when I was installiing I found a problem it the istallation guide. It says to CHMOD 666 the uploads folder, but the only way I chould get the instalatio to work was by CHMOD 777 it!
Apart from that MyBB is ace!!!
It all depends on your server config. I think in some situations you could get away with 744 (if I remember thats read only for others).
The web server user must have read, write, and execute permissions on the upload folder.
Doesn't mean everyone has to have write access though, does it?
I thought if you ran PHP as CGI instead of a module your scripts could run as any user. Which means you only needed to give the owner write access because all scripts ran as the CGI user.
But if you go to www.yoururlhere.com/forum/inc/config.php You'll get a messagge if you want to download or open the file
Simulationcity Wrote:But if you go to www.yoururlhere.com/forum/inc/config.php You'll get a messagge if you want to download or open the file

Um...it should show as a blank screen if you try to access it by itself...
I get the download window
Alright, you'll have to chmod it back to 777 then so the interpreter is executing it.

I'll update the installation guides and wiki to reflect this.
How do you Chmod? Sorry, I jsust don't know.
It depends on the program you use to edit files.

I know on Smart FTP you right click on the file and select CHMod

FTP Commander you right click on the file and select File Attributes

CPanel, you click on the file and click Permissions.
Pages: 1 2