MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using Board with other mysql database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm sure you have been asked this before, but I had a look and couldn't find any advice.

I wonder is it possible to run the board using a different mysql database of usernames and passwords. I would like to fully integrate the board into my site, so that when people register for my site they also register for the board.

Is this possible?

Any help, or a simple no! will be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick
It would probably be easier to use the mybb user database for your site rather then the other way around.
HEloo there,

Umm as SQl is the most realeable and easiest DB (at least in my opinon), and as MyBB only works on SQL queries, i would recommend using SQL under MyBB database instead of your former DB.

Some illustrations
  • For sure MyBB data base is bigger and more complex than the one you having for simply usernames and passwords.
  • Adding your current database to SQL will be easier.
  • Using the tables generated with MyBB DB will be a piece of cake.

but as i dont know what DP ur using, and how is its structure and the structure of your site are, i can't garantee the above mentioned info.

Many Regards.
Thanks for your replies, I shall download it and have a look to see what I can do.
I have downloaded mybb installed it. But immediatley faced with a problem, the password on my current database are not encrypted. However the passwords on the mybb database appear to be encrypted

How can I encrypt the passwords of people who register through my site in the same method as the forums?

Or is there a way to turn the encryption of?

Any help appreciated.