MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Greek translation for 1.4.x - Finished!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the final translation of the latest myBB board to Greek Smile
First,giving credits to where it's due:
MybbMania and dyrer which is the forum I found the WIP files and continued working on them
Edit: Fixed a string in editpost

Things still missing before we send it to mybb: Translated images
Not included: Admin CP translation

How to install: Readme included (translated too Smile )
I will test and work on translation to have the final Greek translation
Finally after much work,I've finished translation all files Smile
I've also checked them twice with word to get rid of any typos and errors. I believe the end result is very satisfying,this is a really high quality translation.
All that remains is the translation of the mybb icons/buttons,which I can't do myself since I have no experience on image editing software. So the images in the pack are the original english ones.
Also note this translation does not include the Admin CP,sorry but it's almost double the work if you include it...

Final translation attached in first post,along with a translated readme. Any feedback will be much appreciated
Thanks a lot for this translation!

MyBB is such a great forum s/w and localization is the key to success!

I saw some mistakes and I would like to mention them in order to make this translation even better. I think MyBB should be made more popular here in Greece because in three words it deserves it.

In User Panel at the first page where the summary of the user's account is show in greek it is translated into

"Σύντομος Σύνοψη Λογαριασμύ"

I would like to suggest for that

"Σύντομη Σύνοψη Λογαριασμού"

Another point that might need some attention is at the stats section

" χρήστες ενεργά τα τελευταία 15 λεπτά"

It would be better like this:

" μέλη ενεργά τα τελευταία 15 λεπτά", or " χρήστες ενεργoί τα τελευταία 15 λεπτά"

Also, the messenger is not fully translated, I don't know if it was by mistake or on purpose but it needed attention as the PMs at forums is a main attraction ( Toungue )

I might get involved into translating icons so that MyBB becomes fully Hellenic Wink

There is a mistake that needs attention of the admin of mybb websiite, too. When I tried to download the Greek translation that's available at the translations section it downloaded the arabic one (or sth like that).

Again guys thanks for your time translating!

Cheers!

Cmaniac
Thanks for pointing the mistakes from translation, I will check and update the translation
Thanks for the feedback issues fixed Smile
The PM system is fully translated, not sure what your problem is. The PM folders are only changed on forum creation, so if you had an older translation that didn't have the PM folders translated, they will still be english (you can rename them manually anyway).

I contacted the mybb admins and they have problems with the server move and they know about it Wink
Updated for 1.4.10.
Hope the files get uploaded properly on the myBB homepage since up to now when someone tried to download the Greek translation from the site they got some other (arabic-farsi?) translation
Hi there.

I think I'll switch to MyBB from SMF from now on.

I was thinking of updating/translating from the start the Greek translation for version 1.6.0. Is anyone willing to work together?
Hello the 1.6 translation has already done, and is on testing at mybb.gr
Thanks for the notification, I didn't know mybb.gr existed!
Pages: 1 2