MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] How to appear stars in two rows in postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you want I can make a plugin but honestly I don't understand the necessity of a plugin.
Erm, I don't exactly see anything wrong with core file changes.
(2009-06-10, 07:56 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Erm, I don't exactly see anything wrong with core file changes.

Do enough core file changes and upgrading will become a complete nightmare for you.

Also once again...this edit is ridiculous. You can just place the code twice in the templates. No need at all for a single core file change.

There is a better way to do this.
This change do this:

If you set 16 stars for a group, in postbit you see stars in two rows so
8 stars <br />
8 stars
Correct you are, and yes I know upgrading is a pain with several file edits committed. Your solution doesn't work the same way as performing the edit, though. Personally, I prefer core file edits over plugins for little snippets of code changes.

Of course, it all comes down to personal preference.
Quote:Your solution doesn't work the same way as performing the edit, though.

Why not? It should. Have you tried it?

Quote:Of course, it all comes down to personal preference.

No...it comes down to experience. Some methods are simpler. You can write code sloppy or crisp. What you suggest is the sloppy method. Sorry but you're blinded by your own code not to see that. I provided a much better method to do the exact same effect.
:/

Your way = double stars
His way = divide stars into 2 rows
Add <br />

===================
$post['userstars']
<br />
$post['userstars']
Terribly sorry, I didn't notice that post. I'm not stupid, I just have a rather bad habit of overlooking posts.
Alright...I removed my "duh"...lol. Like I said..my code is the simpler method. The truth is that anytime you alter core code you risk breaking your site, breaking upgrades, or even worse..creating a security hole. I been down that route of altering core files. You don't want to do it. Long term it's a loser.
Pages: 1 2 3