MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Support Ticket System?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As i do not go to many forums and i like the mybb community i am going to ask this here.

i am making a support ticket system again (i started and some stuff come up so i stop) and i would like to know what features do you think i should add. and if i should be free or go commercial with it? it will also be coded in php5 oop and for the layout i will have a number of things using jquery.

Thank you Smile
I think it should be freeToungue I'm not sure about features, though. maybe categories, priority, etc.
Obviously, anyone would prefer it would be free. You have to decide for yourself if it's worth paying for.
It would be good if it intergrated with MyBB (and i suppose some of the other large CMS and forum software) so like only certain groups could get support and say a certain group has top priority.
@_Tim

That is a good idea i will put that in my to-do list but i am not sure if it would make it to 1.0 but for sure it will be in 1.1 ill see what happens.

@Tom Loveric & Bey Brad

Thank you for the input it will be like kayko but with less "boat", More user friendly and little footprint.
Actually i think one good feature would be to have it set up so if you want to include it into your site you can just either use an iFrame or better still a PHP include. This would handle a lot of your intergration and themeing issues. Obviously have a stand alone mode as well. It's just that way i can see people writing plugins themselves easily to intergrate your software into say wordpress.
(2009-06-09, 12:11 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Actually i think one good feature would be to have it set up so if you want to include it into your site you can just either use an iFrame or better still a PHP include. This would handle a lot of your intergration and themeing issues. Obviously have a stand alone mode as well. It's just that way i can see people writing plugins themselves easily to intergrate your software into say wordpress.
+1
Charge 100g for it g.
(2009-06-09, 12:11 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Actually i think one good feature would be to have it set up so if you want to include it into your site you can just either use an iFrame or better still a PHP include. This would handle a lot of your intergration and themeing issues. Obviously have a stand alone mode as well. It's just that way i can see people writing plugins themselves easily to intergrate your software into say wordpress.

Thank you for your idea. as i am using jquery to submit form and load pages it would make integrating it into your website easy as a php page that would look like

<?php
define("IN_LD", TRUE, TRUE);

include('./support/frontend/index.php');

?>

(2009-06-09, 12:24 AM)bk2070 Wrote: [ -> ]Charge 100g for it g.

I have made my mind and it will be a free bit of software.

On anther note i have anther thing to ask with the coding should i use the smarty template engine to run all the templates or just the frontends and have the staff control panel hard coded layout?
Also make sure it is still affective if Javascript is dissabled.
Pages: 1 2