MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wow.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have heard of myBB recently and decided to take a look see at it. All I can say is WOW for free forum software this package is amazing. I am new to this site and software, but it is very easy to use and install. I have been a long time vBulletin and IP.Board user. I have played around with phpbb and wBB and none of the other free versions have offered the wow factor like this has. Keep up the great work guys and hope ya stay around for a long time.

Ernest
+1 to that.
Glad you like the softwareSmile Did you switch your forum(s) from vBulletin, or are you still using it?(just wondering)
+2 to that.
(2009-06-09, 12:14 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you like the softwareSmile Did you switch your forum(s) from vBulletin, or are you still using it?(just wondering)

I haven't used vBulletin in quite some time, and I am not currently using anything live atm. If I did use one live it will either be this or IP.Board. That is the most recent one I used. I don't have an active vBulletin license anymore. I do have an active IP.Board and Woltlab Burning Board license. The only downfall to wBB is the lack of English support. It's big in the German speaking community.
I LOVE WOLTLAB! But i only used it because a friend was fixing it for me Toungue
(2009-06-11, 10:57 PM)ernestdefoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-09, 12:14 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you like the softwareSmile Did you switch your forum(s) from vBulletin, or are you still using it?(just wondering)

I haven't used vBulletin in quite some time, and I am not currently using anything live atm. If I did use one live it will either be this or IP.Board. That is the most recent one I used. I don't have an active vBulletin license anymore. I do have an active IP.Board and Woltlab Burning Board license. The only downfall to wBB is the lack of English support. It's big in the German speaking community.
Ah, nice. I've used vBulletin, but never purchased a license - too damn expensive. I'm glad MyBB will always be free.

(2009-06-11, 10:59 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE WOLTLAB! But i only used it because a friend was fixing it for me Toungue
Lies, all liesToungue Just kidding.
+3 to that.
(2009-06-08, 11:57 PM)ernestdefoe Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard of myBB recently and decided to take a look see at it. All I can say is WOW for free forum software this package is amazing. I am new to this site and software, but it is very easy to use and install. I have been a long time vBulletin and IP.Board user. I have played around with phpbb and wBB and none of the other free versions have offered the wow factor like this has. Keep up the great work guys and hope ya stay around for a long time.

Ernest

*hugs*
(2009-06-11, 10:59 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE WOLTLAB! But i only used it because a friend was fixing it for me Toungue

I love wBB too, but the lack of English support, mods and themes doesn't make it ideal to use when your German is let's just say non existent. Other than that good stable software that is very user friendly.

(2009-06-11, 11:01 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-11, 10:57 PM)ernestdefoe Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, nice. I've used vBulletin, but never purchased a license - too damn expensive. I'm glad MyBB will always be free.

Yeah vBulletin is too expensive. IP.Board is good and I liked their old pricing structure better than their new one. Now they are more expensive than vBulletin. Good thing I got the old $150.00 lifetime license. Couldn't afford to get one now.

Lies, all liesToungue Just kidding.
No shame in having friends fix things for you. I used to help friends setup wBB boards in the past. Stick around for a month or so to fix bugs and junk. Then go my own way.
Pages: 1 2