MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] Steven's Direct Plugin Manager v1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This plugin is a free plugin from the Phreak Your Geek community.
Registration is NOT required
Download this plugin

Steven's Direct Plugin Manager v1.4

As with many other forum software packages, you can upload plugins and modifications directly from the administration panel. With MyBB, you must upload the plugin and modifications via FTP. This can become a hassle, especially if you are constantly uploading new plugins. This thread posted on the MyBB Community Forums inspired me to write this plugin.

This plugin is the successor to Steven's Direct Plugin Upload.

Overview
Steven's Direct Plugin Manager adds an upload and delete form to the Plugin management page in the MyBB administration panel.

Uploading
The Manager will display a form that will upload a PHP file straight to the <forumroot>/inc/plugins directory. You can then immediately activate the plugin. Success and failure messages are displayed, giving you instant feedback if something went wrong.

Deleting
The Manager will also display a drop-down list of every available plugin file. Once you click "Delete Plugin," the plugin file will be deleted off your server. There will be no warning, so be careful! As with the upload form, success and failure messages are displayed.

Installation instructions are in the readme.

Features
  • An easy-to-use management form displayed on the Plugin management page in the admin panel
  • Uploads any PHP file directly to the <forumroot>/inc/plugins directory
  • Deletes any PHP file in the plugins directory
  • Eliminates the need to use FTP to manage plugins
Introducing: Version Check
The main new feature in version 1.4 is the new revolutionary version check framework. Based on MyBB's own version check system, Steven's Direct Plugin Manager will check for new versions and alert you when the version you're running is outdated.

Screenshots
Screenshot #1
[Image: screen1.png]

Screenshot #2
[Image: screen2.png]

Screenshot #3
[Image: screen3.png]

Screenshot #4
[Image: screen4.png]

Installation instructions are in the readme.

Also, if you find this plugin helpful in any way, please consider making a donation. I have to pay for hosting and development costs. Smile A donation is a godsend for a broke student paying for hosting and scripting in his free time. Smile Thanks!
[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif]

This plugin is a free plugin from the Phreak Your Geek community.
Registration is NOT required
Download this plugin
Is their any difference between v1.2 and v1.4 ...! Smile

I Recommend that please post all those versions within the same thread of the specific plugin release ...

Thankyou
(2009-06-09, 12:21 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Is their any difference between v1.2 and v1.4 ...! Smile

I Recommend that please post all those versions within the same thread of the specific plugin release ...

Thankyou

Although the user interface has not changed much, the back end has been nearly re-written to provide support for the version check framework as well as future updates (like the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6).

As for your suggestion to post all the plugins in one thread, I don't see a problem with separate threads as long as I'm not releasing versions every hour. Smile v1.6 won't be for a little bit, but in the future I might make a whole thread.
@ghazal,
I think you're the last person who should complain about the number of threads someone makes. Wink

@steven,
You should probably rename the steven_message() function to your plugins name (to avoid collisions, esp. with your other plugins). Also I'd suggest you get rid of that hideous avatar. The first time I saw this thing I literally barfed. Other than that, keep up the good work.
(2009-06-09, 02:02 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You should probably rename the steven_message() function to your plugins name (to avoid collisions, esp. with your other plugins). Also I'd suggest you get rid of that hideous avatar. The first time I saw this thing I literally barfed. Other than that, keep up the good work.

I shall rename it in v1.6. Thanks for the suggestion; I forgot about the naming issues (I thought it only applied to system functions). Toungue As for the avatar, I never truly liked it either, it was what I had on hand when I installed the forum. It has also been changed. Big Grin
A great plugin especially for those new to MyBB. Especially for people coming from SMF.
I suggest you just for the reason that actually their is no need to make another thread of the same plugin, You can make it upgrade by editing the old thread,
Actually when you edit any other old post, the thread will be bumped Smile

That's ok now... Keep it up...

As far as Avatar is concern, I really have a horible feelings when it tap his hand on computer and become wound Toungue

Thankyou
v1.4 has been submitted to the MyBB Mods Database. See this post for a link.
Very niceBig Grin I'll be trying this later tonightSmile
This is a nice plugin but what if the plugins uses more than one file? Like a sub folder under the plugins one, which has around 3 files (let's imagine). Does it delete them too?
Pages: 1 2