MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hacked? go00ogle.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. It was brought to my attention from two users that my site www.ej8squad.com contains malware. Visit at your own risk.

I've recommended to the users who are using Firefox to install the "No Script" addon. I haven't the slightest idea where to begin. I did contact my webhost Dreamhost and they sent me the usual to do list. I've since then changed the password to my FTP account.

I've uninstalled the plugin SpiceFuse Shoutbox that I thought might be causing the problem but the reference to go00ogle.net is still there.

Where do I go from here?

MyBB 1.4.6
MySQL 5.0.67
Upload all of your MyBB files again. Delete ./inc/config.php and create a new one with this [wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki] and delete ./inc/settings.php, a new one will be generated. Now all your files are clean. You also need to check your templates for dodgy code. Typically the index, header, headerinclude and footer template have weird code in, as those templates are loaded the most. Check that there's no weird code in there, you'd know it if you saw it. If it's there, remove it.
Thanks for the prompt response. Just to make sure I'm doing this right. I would delete ./inc/config.php and ./inc/settings.php. Create a new ./inc/config.php Then, download the current version and upload all files? and run it as an "upgrade" or something different?

edit:
Would I loose all my modifications to the default theme? What else do I need to back up?
So my data bases are fine?
I really don't like to bump a thread up, but I gotta.