MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatars not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok well uploading and even adding avatars from an outside source does not work

My members have tried adding an outside image and this is the error they get

* The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.

I will let you know what the upload error message is when I get the chance to try to upload one. I am in school now so I cannot do this.
Well, what URL are you trying to put in....?? Does it work here??

For uploads, is ./uploads/avatars/ CHMOD to 777??
yes I have everything Chmodded to 777

He is trying to use this and yes it works on here.
http://aquate.us/u/johnson.png
Any help on this? I'm having the same problem, none of my users can use either URL or upload for avatars. I've got the folders CHMOD to 777, and we've tried using PNG, JPG and GIF files under 20k and within the size limit, and nothing seems to work.

Ideas?

ETA: Arright, I looked around and in the Configuration area under User Registration and Profile Options, I saw that Avatar Upload Path was set to "./uploads/avatars" - but my forum's not the main directory, but a folder under it (/forum). I changed it to "./forum/uploads/avatars" and it's working perfectly now. Maybe that'll work for you too, Posiden?
No that shouldn't matter cause the . should be replaced with the current directory the files would be in so it should already be working just fine